[Lapham-Marquette PTG] Would you consider leading the PTG Auction?

Sarah Herrick sarahsunfish at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 17 10:05:18 EST 2018

Hello Friends,

The Lapham Marquette PTG is seeking volunteers to lead the spring auction fundraiser. I have done this the last few years, and now need to pass on the role to another parent or group.

As you know, the PTG supports our schools with funds for classroom grants; community gardens and outdoor classrooms; free, enriching afterschool clubs; staples and clothing for kids in need; and much more.

The auction, which typically takes place in April, is the PTG’s LARGEST ANNUAL FUNDRAISER and is critical to supporting the PTG programs.

A lead volunteer or a volunteer committee is needed to take on organizing the 2019 event. The volunteer/volunteer(s) will:

   - Solicit auction donations from area businesses and individuals (a long list of past donors and their contact information is available).

   - Secure an event venue, food, and entertainment.

   - Organize volunteers to help the night of the event.

There is a detailed template from past years’ events for the next volunteers to follow including timelines, donation forms, budget, and volunteer schedules.

If you or anyone you know is interested in helping, you can contact me for more information via email or phone (608-215-4212).

This is a big job, but one I enjoyed immensely. I really felt like I was contributing to the PTG and to Lapham and Marquette in a significant way through a super fun event that families look forward to each year.

Thank you for considering, and for spreading the word!

Elizabeth Tucker