[Lapham-Marquette PTG] Person riding his bike was hit today at corner of Ingersoll & East Dayton streets

Jessica Becker bikerbecker at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 09:35:42 EDT 2018

Today after dropping my kids off at Lapham, I watched a parent riding his bike get hit by a car at the corner of Ingersoll and East Dayton. He is fine, fortunately, though his bike is not. And I'm not. I'm so frustrated that conversations around improving safety for pedestrians and bikers at this intersection, particularly during drop-off and pick-up, have not resulted in more than a flyer coming home from school. A crossing guard is badly needed and I believe the numbers are there for there to be one hired.

Jessica Becker