[Lapham-Marquette PTG] Lapham after school clubs

Ellison Bentley ellison.bentley at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 18:04:34 EST 2016

*Feb 22-Mar 18- 4 sessions!*

*Mondays 1:05 to 2:15*

*Pokémon! With **Karl Nibbelink*
Come and play the Pokémon game! This club is open to kids who already know
how to play as well as kids who would like to learn how. We will spend the
first 1-2 sessions learning and reviewing strategies for putting together a
winning deck, and getting the rules of the game down. The next 2-3 session
will be spent playing lots of games together. Every child will receive
their own deck at the first session! Kids can also bring their own cards
(with parent permission). *(K – 2nd –10 Kids)*

*Thursdays — 2:40 to 3:50*

*Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with Kallie Stenman*

Dear Muggle-borns,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School
of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Your first term will include the following
subjects: Spells, Potions, Transfiguration, and Care of Magical Creatures.
Prepare to learn Wizard's Chess, Quidditch skills, and spells like Lumos
Maxima. Term begins in February. Sincerely, Professor Minerva McGonagall *(1st
– 2nd – 12 Kids)*

*Unicycle Club with Juan Losada*

Join us for some serious fun on one wheel!
This class is designed for first and second graders who want to learn how
to ride a unicycle. We'll teach you the skills needed to ride a unicycle
and have fun in the process. We will also play games and do fun physical
activities. Helmets are required for this activity and wrist guards are
recommended. *(1st – 2nd – 10 Kids)*
***Some Madison Unicyclists from Lapham and Marquette will be helping out
and demonstrating some tricks.***

*Fridays – 2:40 to 3:50*

*Make Good Stuff! With Simon Puleo*

This club will focus on making "good stuff" as inspired by Charles and Ray
Eames.  In each class we will talk about how things are designed and how
things work.  The interactive discussion will be followed by a project
using a mix of new and recycled materials.  Some of the projects we are
planning are flashlights, simple robots, the 'Eames Elephant' , and other
maker inspired creations.  We may also incorporate animation and dance as
time and interest permits. *(1st – 2nd – 8 Kids)*

*Spark Your Spanish… uno, dos, tres! With Anne Garvey Shah and Annalee Good*

Foreign language is fun!  Learn some very basic Spanish vocabulary and
useful phrases. All taught through songs, movement, stories, art and
games. *(2nd
8 Kids)*

*How To Register:*

Go online to http://tinyurl.com/LaphamSpring2016 by Feb 12th.  You can only
register one child at a time, so if you have more than one child at Lapham,
you will need to visit the site for each one. (Also, make sure you have a
“Success” pop-up to let you know that you have successfully registered.)

If you cannot register online, or have questions, please contact *Ellison
Bentley* (Ellison.bentley at gmail.com. 608-698-3486) or *Jackie Brown* (
aroundmadtown at gmail.com 608-516-1412)

*YOU MUST REGISTER by **NOON on Feb 12th!*

*SPACE IS LIMITED* – Students will be placed in clubs on a lottery basis
after the registration period ends. Please be aware that there may not be
space enough for all students, and students may not get their first
choice.

*Confirmations will be sent to you by e-mail the week of Feb 15th.  *Club
locations will be noted on the confirmation letter.  In that email, you
will find out which club your child is in. We will try our best to get your
child in his or her first choice, but we can't guarantee it. Mark the
second and third choice clubs only if your child is actually interested in
those clubs.

*What else do I need to know?*

*Red Caboose kids are welcome to sign up for clubs, too!*

*This program is sponsored by the PTG. There are no fees*. Donations
accepted.

*Snack will be provided.* If children want to bring additional snack, they
may.

*Club Leaders:* Please be sure to sign your children up for your club so we
know to save space for him/her!

*Club leaders reserve the right to release students from the club based on
poor behavior. We expect all children participating in the After School
Clubs to follow the Rules of Behavior that are expected of them during
regular school hours. **We welcome all children into clubs, however, if
your child needs one-on-one assistance to participate in the regular
classroom, we ask that the family provide an aide to help your child be
successful in clubs.*