[Lapham-Marquette PTG] NOTE-ORIGAMI TUESDAY NOT FRIDAY AT MARQUETTE

Ellison Bentley ellison.bentley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 10:32:08 EST 2016

Marquette after school clubs:

*Mondays— 1:05 – 2:15*

*Pokémon** club with Liz Amundson and Julian Sailing*

Join us to play Pokémon whether you know how to play or don't! We'll have
decks to borrow - or bring your own.

*(Gr 3 - 5 — 15 kids)*

*Tuesdays — 2:40-3:50*

*Origami Tsunami with Tamarine Cornelius*

Come learn the art of folding paper to make three-dimensional shapes. We'll
learn how to make animals, vehicles, and flowers, all with beautiful paper.

*(Gr 3 – 5 – 6 kids) Club will be held right after early release on Mar 8*

*Wednesdays — 2:40-3:50:*

*Jump Rope Club with Wendy Cruz and Stephanie Steigerwaldt*

Come jump rope with friends!  We will learn new jumping songs, games,
skills and tricks.  You can practice on your own or try jumping in teams.

*(Gr 3 - 5 – 12 kids)*

*Thursdays — 2:40-3:50:*

*Super Science Club with Samantha Jones (UW student teacher!)*

Welcome scientists! How do you make ice cream? How does a paper airplane
fly? Why do parachutes float? How can an egg fit into a bottle? Why do
monkeys like bananas? If any of these questions got you thinking, sign up
for science club! We will do tons of fun experiments and work to answer
questions that we all have about the world! You won't want to miss it!
Note: we will need parent volunteers to take 10 kids-even if a different
parent volunteers every week.

*(Gr 3 - 6 – 10 kids)*

*How To Register:*

Go online to *http://tinyurl.com/MarqSpring2016*
<http://tinyurl.com/MarqSpring2016> by Feb 5.  You can only register one
child at a time, so if you have more than one child at Marquette, you will
need to visit the site for each one. (Also, be sure you have a “Success”
pop-up to let you know that you have successfully registered.)

Questions? Please contact Ellison Bentley (Ellison.bentley at gmail.com OR
608-698-3486)

*YOU MUST REGISTER by Feb 5!*

*SPACE IS LIMITED* – Students will be placed in clubs on a lottery basis
after the registration period ends. Please be aware that there may not be
space enough for all students, and students may not get their first
choice.

*Confirmations will be sent to you by e-mail on/about Feb 15.  *Club
locations will be noted on the confirmation letter.  In that email, you
will find out which club your child is in. We will try our best to get your
child in his or her first choice, but we can't guarantee it. Mark the
second and third choice clubs only if your child is actually interested in
those clubs.

*What else do I need to know?*

*Red Caboose kids are welcome to sign up for clubs, too!*

*This program is sponsored by the PTG. There are no fees*. Donations
accepted.

*Snack will be provided.* If children want to bring additional snack, they
may.

*Club Leaders:* Please be sure to sign your children up for your club so we
know to save space for him/her!

*Club leaders reserve the right to release students from the club based on
poor behavior. We expect all children participating in the After School
Clubs to follow the Rules of Behavior that are expected of them during
regular school hours. **We welcome all children into clubs, however, if
your child needs one-on-one assistance to participate in the regular
classroom, we ask that the family provide an aide to help your child be
successful in clubs.*