[Lapham-Marquette PTG] How bout SWIMMING in a WARM POOL on Saturday?

Liz Amundson lizamunds at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 23 16:30:07 EST 2014

PTG is sponsoringOpen Swim at Lapham Pool this Saturday 1/25 from 11am- 3pm for Lapham-Marquette Families.

Please come before OR after lunch-- there's no food allowed at the pool.

We've never tried this before...but wanted to offer a weekend activity that gives a break from the irritatingly relentless cold this year! Pool holds 56 officially (but more like 35 comfortably.) We hope by hosting a long event that stretches across lunch people will arrive (and depart) at a variety of times to even-out attendance.

There will be 3 MSCR lifeguards-- 2 to guard, 1 to be a deck supervisor. Plus a few parents to help with whatever comes up.

We'll have a donation bucket out to help cover costs... but this event is officially FREE!

We'll follow MSCR's open swim rules regarding kids solo in the pool: Kids 6 and under need an adult in the pool within arm's reach (2 kids max per adult). Kids 7-8 who aren't deep-end confident need to have an adult in the pool with them. Kids over 8 don't need an adult in the water (unless the parents want to bask in the warm water, that is).

Lapham gym teacher Jean is also lending us her extra suits and towels... so if something is forgotten or turns out not to fit, we will have backups.

Call or email Liz Amundson 255-6424 with questions. Hope to see you!