[Lapham-Marquette PTG] Kindergarten Art Opening "Celebrating our Diversity"

Kimberly Wilson kimberlyrwilson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 07:05:08 EDT 2014

Last week was a wonderful art opening for our kids. The art is inspiring, the turnout was great, the venue amazing, the food abundant and delicious, and the jazz band added a lot of fabulous energy!

Thanks so much to Lynn Lee for hosting the party at the new Cargo Coffee shop (located at 750 E. Washington Ave), and to all of our budding artists for such fabulous artwork. A great big thanks to our Lapham parents for your support in bringing your children to the show too. What a great community builder for Lapham school! The show will be up through the end of May if you’re interested in seeing it and haven’t already. I also posted some photos to the Lapham/ Marquette FB page.

Mr. Jacob (my student teacher from 3rd quarter) also just had an opening reception for our 2nd graders autobiography books at the Central Public Library. It was a really neat event! At least some of the books will still be on display at the circulation desk in the children’s area of the library if you want to check them out. Congratulations Mr. Jacob for a job well done, and again, thanks to all of our supportive parents and our fabulous young artists!