[Lapham-Marquette PTG] Marquette Garden Party Saturday?

Joe M jwmingle at tds.net
Wed Apr 23 12:32:53 EDT 2014

Hello, friends and neighbors!

How are you all doing this sunny morning?  Hope your mood is as bright as the skies!

What are you doing Saturday?  It looks like the nicest day of the week and I’m hoping to get a little garden party action going!  Are you willing to pop over for an hour Saturday afternoon and help beautify the drop off and entry area by the school sign?

Just so everyone is clear, there are no MMSD staff resources to do extra stuff like maintain the gardens, trim the hedges or any thing like that.  Our overburdened teachers certainly don’t have time to do much what with all the testing and pressure to raise scores, right?  It’s looking pretty sad out front there so round up your kids and come to the first

Marquette Garden Party
Saturday, April 26th 1:00-3:00

You know what would be great?  If we could figure out a plan to dig up and divide the perennials in that overgrown raised bed and replant some of them by the school sign.  The memorial garden around the sign really needs sprucing up so if you’re willing to help with that, come on down!

There are two things we could use to really make things better — compost and hay.  The problem is, I don’t have a truck or anyway to haul stuff much less extra cash to buy it.  If someone wants to donate some resources to the effort, we could really use a mountain of compost and many bales of hay anytime this Spring.  If someone can arrange to get it to the school, I’ll make sure it gets put to good use!

If you want to do some work beautifying the Marquette and/or O’Keefe school grounds, but can’t make it Saturday afternoon, email me anyway.  There’s nobody to do much on the O’Keefe side either and they’d appreciate some help also!  I’ll organize another workday next month if not sooner and, of course, there's always other stuff folks can do in the meantime.

Thanks in advance for your assistance and support!

Yours-

Joe Mingle

332-1493
249-9699