[Lapham-Marquette PTG] PTG Monthly Meeting | Tuesday, October 8th @ 5:45 | Topic: Outdoor Classrooms with Nicole Nelson, MMSD Garden-Based Learning Facilitator

Stephanie Steigerwaldt steigerwaldt at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 4 21:26:18 EDT 2013

Big changes are on the horizon for Lapham's Garden – we will soon expand into a true Outdoor Classroom through the Growing Outdoor Classrooms grant which offers a treasure trove of planning and design resources plus $8,000 in funding!
Why are garden-based learning activities such a big deal? What is an outdoor classroom? What's the research saying? What will a new Outdoor Classroom offer Lapham students, teachers and our community?
Find out at next week's Lapham-Marquette Parent Teacher Group (PTG) Monthly Meeting. And, as always, enjoy free Roman Candle pizza, made this time with fresh veggies from Lapham's garden (we are requesting vegan pizzas too) and free Red Caboose childcare!
Growing Great Kids with School GardensTuesday Evening, October 8th, 20135:45 – 6:10 Meet in Lapham Garden for a tour6:20 – 6:45 Return to Lapham Auditorium to hear Nicole Nelson, MMSD Garden-Based Learning Facilitator, share what the research says about the many benefits of garden-based learning6:45 – 7:30 Principal Updates / Parent and Staff Q&A7:30 – 8:00 PTG Business Meeting
Hope to see you there!
Learn More:
Lapham Classroom Visit Photos
Growing Outdoor Classrooms Grant
Do Our Kids Have Nature-deficit Disorder?
Lapham Garden Webpage
Lapham Green Team Web Page