[Lapham-Marquette PTG] Young Shakespeare Players opportunity -- at Lapham!

mary beth collins wiscogitana at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 11:07:10 EDT 2009

All:

Please see message below from Tenney-Lapham Neighborhood Association
Education Chair, Adam Walsh.  School-aged children in our neighborhood will
have a chance to participate in a read-only workshop put on by Young
Shakespeare Players at Lapham on the evening of August 6th.  The
neighborhood association has sponsored the event, so it's free of charge to
interested participants.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Greetings Local Parents!

Summer is upon us and school is out. That does not mean, however, that
cultural enrichment needs to take a three month hiatus for our local
children.

The Tenney-Lapham Neighborhood is proud to announce the first in what will
no doubt be a long line of workshops in conjunction with the Young
Shakespeare Players, a local organization dedication to the promotion and
production of real Shakespeare by children. (This is not kiddie
Shakespeare.) This August, YSP will bring their skills and talents to the
Lapham Theater for a two to three hour workshop and performance. While YSP
does regularly charge tuition, none will be charged in this case. We are
looking for up to fifteen children (ages 8 – 17) who are interested in
performance, public speaking, and/or Shakespeare. This workshop will be
“read only” which means that no memorization will be required. Your child
would participate in one or more scenes from some of Shakespeare’s finest
plays as they improve their public speaking skills, confidence, and
understanding of language.

If your child is interested, please contact me as early as possible to
ensure that their spot in this free workshop is reserved.

Again, the basics of this workshop are:

*What*: YSP Read Only Workshop & Performance

*When*: August 6

          6 – 9 PM

*Who*: YSP Veterans Mentors and Local Children (No experience necessary)

For more information regarding YSP and their upcoming performances, please
visit www.ysp.org.

To inquire about remaining space or for more information, please contact
Adam directly at a.walsh at earthlink.net or 608-512-5489.

    Thanks!

             Adam Walsh

             Tenney-Lapham Neighborhood Association, Education Chair